Kelvin Ray Xuna founded the company because he himself had many ideas needing capitalization.
I am originally from Puerto Rico, and speak fluent Spanish. I enlisted in the US Army at 17 and served in the Army Corp of Engineers. Later, I received a B.A. in Architecture from the University of Colorado, where I concentrated in sustainable green design. Before graduation, I began a design/build company named Internship Designs, and later began another business in residential property management called ID Management. I graduated from Harvard Graduate School of Design with a Master’s in Design Studies under the Housing and Urbanization discipline.
MILE HIGH COMEDY (Independent Film Company) Executive Producer, 2009 - 10 • Produced a sketch comedy pilot entitled That Funny Show tailored for Comedy Central. As well a variety of other projects including advertisement videos for Lafayette Symphony Orchestra, music videos for local independent artists, and physical fitness training videos. Wrote screenplays for a variety of genres. Helped coordinated Wild and Scenic Film Festival Colorado - The largest outdoor themed film festival in the US.
CCTV 54 (Colorado Public Access TV Network) Director, 2009 • Involved in all aspects of the network’s production, from Set Design, to Camera Operator, to Director of educational programming for Denver, CO.
LOGICAL REAL ESTATE, LLC (Commercial Real Estate Development Consultant Firm), Consultant, 2008 - 09 • Provided large-scale real estate development consultation. Served as liaison for major financial institutions. Accurately calculated and predicted the financial structure, gains, and exit strategies for several properties including 1060 Brickell, a luxury 576-unit, mixed-used high-rise condominium project in the heart of Miami which quickly became one of the most lucrative investments in the nation during the economic downturn as it was purchased for around $50 million and exited with close to $130 million.
JL REAL VENTURES (Real Estate Development Firm) Asset Manager, 2008 • Managed the operations of over $80 million in commercial assets. Capitalized opportunities within local and federal laws and policies. Researched inefficiencies in the operational and financial systems. Saved the firm $75,000 in one fiscal quarter. Successfully accomplished continuously changing priorities.
INTERNSHIP DESIGNS (Design-Build Company) Project Manager, 2003-06 • First ever company to provide digital walk-through of construction before client approval. Collaborated with clients, architects and contractors to coordinate projects from conceptual designs to final product in a timely manner. Worked for individual owners as well as corporations and governments such as the City of Lafayette on a 150 year old historical trademark theater of live arts. Perfected decisions regarding design, cost estimates, value, and risk mitigation. Required several forms of multi-tasking and extreme personal organization.
NORTH COAST BUILDING (Commercial/Residential Construction Company) Construction Manager, 2002-03 • Supervised a team of professionals, created detailed plans, schedules and estimates to meet project specs. Accomplished projects below budget without compromising quality.
UNITED STATES ARMY (Army Corp. of Engineers) Enlisted, Engineer, 1999-01 | Reserve, 2001-07 • Studied and improvised foreign environments and structures for military specific use.
HARVARD UNIVERSITY (Graduate School of Design) Masters Degree, 2006-08 • Finance & project management focus.
• Completed courses at Harvard Business School (Legal Aspects of Management | Design, Construction & Development Risk), Harvard Kennedy School of Government (Affordable Housing Development | Real Estate Topics in Finance audited), Harvard Graduate School of Design (Real Estate Development and Finance | Strategic Planning and Local Development | Public and Private Development | From Concept to Implementation | Field Studies in Real Estate, Planning, and Urban Design | Leading the Design Firm | Urban Design Professional Seminar | Public Approvals for Private Development audited), Harvard Extension School: (Advanced Screenwriting with Debbie Danielpour), and even at MIT (Innovative Project Delivery in the Public and Private Sectors | Advanced Topics in Real Estate Finance | Emerging Capital markets audited).
• Government consultant on financial administration and product delivery of Northern Ireland’s Titanic Quarter, the largest coastal development in the world.
• Created the financial structure in a development proposal for the tallest building in New England.
• President of Harvard University’s Entrepreneur Group.
• Affiliate of the Entertainment and Media Club of Harvard Business School.
UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO (School of Architecture & Planning) Bachelors Degree, 2001-06
• LEED Environmental & sustainable design focus.
• President of University of Colorado’s LINKS Student Organization.
Awards & Media Affiliations
• Assistant Store Manager of the largest XXI Forever branch in the Mid-West.
• Assistant Producer for Harvardwood’s 2010 TV Pilot Showcase.
• Assistant Producer for My House on Fire Productions. Comedy.
• Assistant Producer for Atlantic Record’s The Dance Party music video. A W2.0 Production.
• Production Assistant for The Vessel, 2008.
• Finalist in the 2006 History Channel’s City of the Future Competition.
• Member of Ivy Entertainment to build a network of film resources.
• Member of Colorado Film & Video Association and Colorado Professional Videographers Association.
• Member of Project Management Institute
Certifications | Skills | Accreditations
Certified Risk Management Professional | LEED Accredited Professional | Fluent in English and Spanish; familiar with Portuguese | Expert with Excel, MS Project, GIS, AutoCAD, PowerPoint, and most Adobe Software (After Effects, Premier, Soundbooth, Flash, Illustrator, etc.).
PO Box 57023 Los Angeles, CA 90057